Caravan lodge plans at St Audries Bay Holiday Club near Watchet
A HOLIDAY park could have 58 new caravan lodges if the proposals are approved.
St Audries Bay Holiday Club has submitted an application for 58 new 36×12 caravan bases at their existing site near Watchet.
New units, if approved, will be placed on site as follows:
- Units 1-8: To replace a number of existing chalets in the southwest corner of the site
- Units 9 to 32: To be placed on the existing green
- Units 33 to 38: To be placed on the existing tennis court with additional parking facilities provided in place of the existing complex’s main kitchen store
- Units 39 to 45: To replace existing service buildings, including security hut, workshop and staff dormitory
- Units 46 to 56: to be placed in an area currently used as tourist pitches in the center of the holiday park
According to the Design and Access Statement (provided by ARA Architecture), 34 units will be removed and therefore there are only 24 additional units planned for the site.
The app states: “Each plot will have at least one parking space and where possible will use existing road networks. However, to take advantage of the topography of the sites and place more units lower down the site, reducing their visual presence, these road networks will be altered, however, these alterations will be of less hard surface reducing surface water runoff on the site.
“The new development will match the opening hours of that of the remaining park and with longer use of the site and increased length of holiday accommodation available, this will mean improved tourism in the area.”
Currently the St Audries Bay Holiday Club has 150 mobile homes, 40 chalets and 121 caravan sites.
The main complex includes ancillary facilities such as a swimming pool, saunas, tennis courts, restaurant, bar, shop and ballroom.
To view and comment on the planning application, visit www1.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/online-applications with reference 3/38/21/010.